Saturday, December 13, 2008

Your Tray Tables Up

I'm feeling pretty incoherent at this moment, seeing as how my day started at 3:30 AM New York time. Which means, when I convert it into Utah time, I got up at 1:30 and am now still up eighteen hours later. So if this post seems a little...all over the place...that's why.

I just want to give a shout-out to hopstop, who said that a taxi ride to LaGuardia airport at 5:00 in the morning would cost $23.83. You know how much I paid, before adding a tip? $23.85. I find that to be pretty darn impressive.

Someone once told me that I'd be a good flight attendant. She meant it as a compliment, in that when I'm in the cashier mode at the Crew I say the same thing to every customer: "Hi, how are you? Was anyone helping you today? These items are final sale, so they cannot be returned or exchanged. Thanks, have a good day." I very rarely veer from these words. So when I saw my flight attendants today, all I could think about is how they have to say the same words over and over, to people who don't care. I felt much empathy for them.

So it's snowing here. And, coupled with being with my family, makes it really feel like Christmastime. I've already been to a family Christmas party, where I was the celebrity, the cool girl who live in New York City, played with the niece and nephew, drove in the blizzard-like conditions on the freeway, and am now ready for bed. Those snippets of sleep on the plane don't really count for anything. Look for more coherent, and exciting, posts to come.

1 comments:

Lady Holiday said...

Snow! You're so lucky. Have a great time at home!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com