Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Garbage Digger

Sometimes, when you're walking around the city late at night, you can see people digging through the garbage bags on the street. They're looking for plastic and glass bottles, things they could redeem for money. Some times they're maybe even looking for food. But I doubt they're ever looking for earrings, which I did tonight. Yes, I was a garbage digger.

I had bought a pair of earrings for a gift for someone, but in the busyness of everything I sort of forgot about them and they got thrown away in a bag that was thought to be empty. Thankfully the garbage had been emptied just before I got home so the bags were on the top in the garbage dumpster-- but they were in corner that I couldn't reach. And since I didn't feel like climbing into the dumpster, I had to use a broom to pull them closer to me. Thank goodness there weren't a lot of icky, sticky, disgusting things in the garbage bag. But still, it was sifting through garbage.

I found the earrings, and will never look at those garbage diggers the same.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com