Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Happy Christmas

It was definitely a white Christmas here in Salt Lake. After staying up late Christmas Eve to wrap some presents and watch a movie, I woke in the morning to find lots of snow covering the ground. I took some pictures, but since I'm not using my laptop but rather my mom's computer, it's not quite as convenient as it usually is. But let me just tell ya that it was a lot of snow. And the wind made it worse. It looked like a blizzard out there!

And so it was a Happy Christmas. After my mom and sister opened our presents together, we lounged around until Jared and the kids came over to open their presents. The kids sure get more excited than us grown-ups do. There was pandemonium and one gift opened by the wrong person! I'm sad to say that I don't think my gift of books was much appreciated :( I bought my oldest niece, Ivy, the poem book Where the Sidewalk Ends and Cinder Edna, and hopefully she'll appreciate them more after the excitement of Christmas wears off and the flashy toys get broken or forgotten.

We played games, ate food, baked cookies and let the kids frost them. And, as is tradition, I went to a movie. And it wasn't without a little prodding on my part. It had started snowing again pretty heavily, to the point that the footsteps made just twenty minutes prior were no longer visible. But I was bound and determined to go, even if I would have to go alone (this is when I really missed being in New York; bad weather wouldn't be a problem because I wouldn't have to drive, and going alone is not a big deal in the city). I talked my mom into it, and we made our way through the snow drifts and white streets to the theater. And with seeing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, the tradition remains alive. Although the ride home was quite arduous, and when we got home there was snow so deep that the car wouldn't make it and so we had to part on the street.

What a great time of year it is. Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com