Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Procrastinator's List

My list of the things I need to get done before I leave for Salt Lake, not to return to the City for six whole weeks.

--laundry, yuck
--pack, more yuck
--figure out how to fit everything an over-packer needs for six weeks into one suitcase
--decide if I should buy my fam Christmas presents in the city or wait til I get to Utah
--see the Van Gogh exhibit at the MOMA
--work one more night at the Crew
--clean up my room, so if, fingers crossed, someone does sublet my room they will have their own space
--make cookies
--decide on how I'm going to get to the airport for my 7:02 AM flight
--have dinner with a bunch of friends from the Crew to celebrate Hanna's birthday on Thursday
--temporarily change my address
--try to finish the books I checked out from the Library
--see a bunch of New York things that are only here during the holidays
--stop wasting my time doing things that aren't necessary (researching my newest obsession, Ray LaMontagne, and other such banalities)

Thankfully I have Thursday and Friday off from the Crew, so hopefully most of these things will get done. Last night I went to the tree at Rockefeller Center to cross that off my as-yet-unformed-except-in-my-mind list. Here's a few pictures (my camera batteries died so these pictures are from my phone, hence the poor quality).


Even though I absolutely love lights and trees and all that jazz, the tree last night didn't have the same punch as it had when I saw it for the first time last year. Perhaps I'm more jaded, a real New Yorker. I think it was because it was unseasonably warm and I was much too bundled up, and therefore a little uncomfortable. Plus, as I sat on a bench on sixth avenue, looking at everything and breathing in this crazy city, I had this melancholy feeling like I was leaving forever and would never see it again. But I'll be back in six weeks, and the city will still be crazy.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com