Friday, December 19, 2008

An Old New Yorker Thinks You Should Wear a Coat

Two days ago my mom and I were driving to work when I saw a bunch of kids standing at the corner waiting for the bus to come. The first thing I said upon seeing them: "Where are their coats?!" I sounded so much like a parental figure, an overbearing adult who thinks they know best, that I kind of shocked myself. Perhaps it's the New Yorker inside of me; people in New York are used to being out in the elements a lot and therefore are always bundled up. Sometimes they even bundle up too much, at just the slightest drop in temperature or hint of rain they come out dressed in full gear. But perhaps I am just getting older, something that you don't fully realize until you see younger kids and wonder what the heck they're doing. And at that moment, when you no longer relate and think you know better, you become older. If that means I'll be warm while they're freezing, I'll take it.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com