Friday, December 19, 2008

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland

It snowed today. A lot. From noon until pretty much now it's been snowing. I was beginning to think I had brought the weather and snow with me from New York--it snowed the day I flew in, and then proceeded to continue snowing intermittently with super cold temps; meanwhile New York had something of a heat wave with 67 degrees earlier in the week. But then all became okay, as the entire nation was blanketed with snow, all the way from Vegas to New York, and all seemed right in the world. I know that dealing with the snow and such isn't always fun, but there's something unifying about all of us as a nation dealing with shoveling sidewalks, driving in snow-blown wind, and bundling up to go outside. I'm just glad I got out of New York before getting out was, if not impossible, quite impeded.

And of course because it snowed I needed to go out on my lunch break to get some things done. I almost turned around because I couldn't take the snow falling into my face anymore, but decided to trek on. My fabulous orange cute may be cute, but it certainly isn't for snow weather (because I packed too much I wasn't able to also bring my real winter coat). The constantly falling snow needed to be brushed off my coat about every thirty seconds. This picture doesn't quite do it justice.

When I stepped into Wal-greens I was dripping water from my hat all over the place!

And this is the TRAX station at Trolley Square at the end of the day, around 5:00. Normally, on a clear day, you can see the mountains and the U in the background. All the streets and trees and sidewalks were covered with snow that it all looked so picturesque. If my finger weren't so cold from my soak-thru gloves I would've taken a picture.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com