Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Retail Rant

Tonight was my last night at the Crew for awhile, and it couldn't have come at a better time. I'm past the point of being nice to people simply because they happen to frequent the place I work. I'm all for being nice when I see and interact with people in natural settings, but when it's forced I'm not very good at it. I have a hard time making it seem like I really care about the fashion choices they are making. I've also learned during my time in retail that people generally annoy me. Their silly questions, their wants and requests. I get annoyed when I have to explain to them why they're getting an extra 30 percent off their merchandise. I get annoyed when they want me to wrap their items in tissue, even though it's clearly a waste of paper. I get annoyed when they can't swipe their own credit card when the machine is clearly right in front of them. I get annoyed when they ask me for a gift receipt after I've already finished their transaction and put everything in a bag and told them to have a nice day. I get annoyed when they think I should be helping them and only them. And I really get annoyed when they try to tell me how to do my job--I've been working at the Crew for over a year, I know what I'm doing!

I'm going to be working at a Crew in Salt Lake, but only one, perhaps two nights a week, so it'll be a nice break. And the only thing I'll miss are some of the people I work with.

And when I came home, this is what was waiting for me. Mark and Maria put up their tree while I was at work. Isn't it beautiful?! I'm such a sentimental fool. I of course turned off all the lights and just sat on our couch staring at it. Mark decided to put his tree up in our apartment this year because his roommates wouldn't appreciate it. So I say thank you to them.


And tomorrow I work on more of my list...

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com