Monday, December 29, 2008

Training Day

I know you've all been waiting for me to stop talking about snow and Christmas and public transportation and want to know about Sundance! Well, to tell you the truth, there hasn't really been much goin on with that. There isn't a whole lot to be done before the festival actually starts, so much of my day is spent Facebooking and reading pointless articles online, and is occassionally interrupted by small tasks that need to be done. But those tasks rarely last long and then it's back to trying to find ways to waste the time before 5:00.

But today was Training Day. It was the day when half of our Ticketing Agents came in for their Orientation. I love that when you're on the other side of Orientation, as a supervisor, it can be called Training, because I'm not being oriented but instead am the one orienting. It's very exciting to feel in control and in charge. And even though I hate the spotlight to be on me, it was very exciting to get up in front fo those ten people and talk about Operations and Emergency Procedures and Sundance Policy and Lunches. Maybe it's just that part of me that longs to be back in a school environment, but it felt very much like preparing for a presentation for class and I very much enjoyed it.

Friday will be another Training Day for the other Ticketing Agents and I'm actually looking forward to it. At least I'll get to do something.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com