Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It is now officially The Christmas Season. The Crew got a new playlist and it includes holiday music. Tree lots have started to pop up on the streets. People have started to put up lights on their windows. I for one couldn't be more excited. I love everything about Christmastime, the shopping for loved ones, drinking hot chocolate, wrapping gifts, listening to Christmas music, singing Christmas hymns in church, seeing the lights that pop up on the city streets and buildings, the bell ringers, browsing the Christmas decorations in stores. I love it all. And yes, I'm listening to Christmas music as I type.


And today I brought out my Christmas decorations. I was a little undecided about putting anything out, since I'll be leaving in two weeks and won't even be here for Christmas, meaning my roommates would have to take everything down. But I couldn't fight the urge, and Maria insisted that I put my things up. She was a little stressed when I moved in and had boxes labeled "Christmas things", but she overcame it last year and I think actually enjoyed my decorations. And I don't really have that many things.

One of my favorite things about Christmas is the lights. I love to turn off all the lights except for the Christmas tree ones and just sit staring at it. Since I'm not getting a tree myself this year (although Marky Mark is going to put up his tree in our apartment this year because his roommates don't appreciate it) I wanted to put some up in my room. I love nothing more than lying in my bed with the illumination of multi-colored lights. But would you believe that every single one of my strands of lights are kaput! None of them light up! Some of them are kinda old, as they were hand-me-downs from my mom and dad, but is it too much to ask for just one of them to still light up?! At least the bells on my bell wreath still work.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com