Thursday, November 20, 2008

Kids on the Bus

When young school kids get on the subway it does something to energize it. It's usually full of people who are late for work or just jaded about the craziness of the city. We are never excited about riding the subway, and never laugh and squeal about the bus turning corners. We hope to be able to get a sit, to not sit by someone who smells, and to have a little bit of time to just listen to our ipod/read our book/rest our eyes. But when those young'uns get on, I, and I think most passengers, can't help but smile at them. They get some simple pleasure out of something we all take for granted. And they always look so cute. Yesterday a group got on and they were all bundled up in their winter clothes. They were talking and jibbering, and their teachers were trying to make sure they were all holding on and being polite. The noise decibel raises quite a lot when they get on, and then it seems strangely quiet when they all get off. It even prompted one man to say, after they all de-trained, "God bless'em!". God bless them for sure, for making me remember that the subway and buses are pretty cool and that I should be excited about them.

Also, you might've noticed the holiday theme of my blog now. I'm one of those people who loves decorating for every holiday, and thought that it should be reflected on my blog. Thanks to Pambelina for indirectly directing me to the website for backgrounds.

1 comments:

pambelina said...

Me? Shucks, it weren't nothing.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com