Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fall in the City

I have been itching to get out into the city and see the changing of the leaves. I was afraid this would never happen, as my work schedule usually has me inside during the hours of the day when it would be most beneficial to be out and about. But on Thursday I decided I would do all that I could to at least see something. So first I made sure to notice the trees in my neighborhood. Not my direct neighborhood, but if I walk a little bit east to the actual area of Hamilton Heights it turns into a quaint little place with tree-lined streets and row houses. It really is quite nice. Here's a couple pictures to demonstrate the changing seasons in my nabe.


Then I was lucky enough to be sent on an errand at Tribeca. I always love getting out of the office to experience the city in the middle of the day, and it's especially nice when the day is only a little chilly, sunny and not raining, as it was on Thursday. My errand took me to Grand Central Station (well, sort of; it took me to Rockefeller Center but I took a roundabout way getting back to the subway) and snapped a few shots of a tree that looked incredible.

What I was really hankering for was the trees in Central Park, though. I found a way to get to leave work early, and made a straight bee-line for the Park before having to head off to the Crew for more work. And I just gotta say that the Park did not disappoint!
Isn't nature and the work of God amazing?! I LOVE it!

1 comments:

pambelina said...

Fall is the best time of year.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com