Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Turkey on the Subway

I picked up our Thanksgiving turkey this afternoon at Whole Foods. It was a little crazy, but after some help from a very polite and competent worker, I had my turkey and roasting pan in a bag and I was on my way. And how many times do you get to ride the subway with a turkey? It seemed like a strange but very cool thing to do.

And now I just got done making my first ever pumpkin cheesecake. It's currently in the oven, and I hope it turns out okay. I followed a recipe given to me by my friend Paula; her cheesecake is amazing and I figured I couldn't go wrong with her recipe. My signature dessert is white chocolate raspberry cheesecake that gets very good reviews from my family, but I decided to go with something more Thanksgiving-y. But I get very nervous about making something for the first time for a big event with other people. I sure hope it goes okay! I accidentally put in one Tablespoon of cinnamon instead of one teaspoon. Whooops! I guess we'll see how it tastes tomorrow...

So I'm very excited for tomorrow and the food I'll get to eat. Marky mark is a fabulous cook and has some great ideas for our turkey and meal. He is very gourmet; he is a self-proclaimed "foodie" and is kind of a food snob. He even has a special way he wants to fold our napkins! I will definitely take pictures tomorrow and post them. Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com