Monday, November 10, 2008

Coat of Recognition

I got some photos from my friend from when we went to the Pumpkin Blaze in Tarrytown. They're pretty cool so I thought I'd share them with you.


Pumpkin Stonehenge

Crates of Pumpkins to go with the Pirates; all were elaborately carved.

That's my friend Brook in the middle, and the rest are people that she works with. This was sort of a going away, last-hurrah type of night, as the next day was the last day for the guy in the picture.

A couple weeks after this, I was getting on the subway at 66th street. I was on my way to work after picking up a book at the library. I was wearing that same orange coat because it was super-cold, and when I walked into the subway car this girl looked at me and smiled and waved. She didn't look like a crazy, so I waved back and smiled. It was the girl on the end in the white coat! She recognized me by my, and I quote, "beautiful coat" We rode the train together til Times Square where I had to transfer, but I loved how it was so random, that in a city of a million people you can still find the few people that you know. Sometimes it helps, though, if you have a totally awesome coat.

1 comments:

Lady Holiday said...

At least you knew the person who randomly recognized you. Today at Pathmark this old man came up to me and was all like "Hey! How are you?" like we knew each other, although I'm sure I had never seen him before in my life. I just said "fine, thanks!" and smiled and quickly walked away. He seemed like a nice guy, but it was still weird. That said, I do randomly run into people I do know all the time, which you'd think would never happen in such a huge city, but it does.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com