Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble


The cheesecake turned out great (you couldn't even tell there was more cinnamon than called for) and so was everything else. Well, except for the brussel sprouts. I even tried them to make sure I didn't like them. It is now a definite fact, based on experience, that brussel sprouts are gross.

So I wanted to do a photo montage of all the food we had, but my laptop has gone a bit haywire. So all you will get are the pictures I got on here before it shut down.

This is our turkey, Charles Brackleton, getting ready to be put in the oven.



I took pictures of the apple pie, the appetizers, the table, the napkins, me cutting my cheesecake, but you won't get any of those so just savor all these turkey pics!

I like to see a movie on Thanksgiving; it's a little tradition I started a couple years ago. This year's movie was Australia, and I had to see it alone because Maria was too tired to go. I guess I could've waited til Friday to see so we could all see it together, but then it just wouldn't be the same as watching it on Turkey day. But what's great about being in New York is that it's okay to go to a movie by yourself--you're usually not the only one. So I'm thankful for the city, that I can be surrounded by a million people and yet still be alone.

2 comments:

jeff said...

Charles Brackleton? We had people at our dinner wondering if the turkey we were eating was abused before it was killed, and you're NAMING yours...that's half morbid and half awesome.

Lady Holiday said...

Was Australia good?

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com