Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Subway is Awesome

Yesterday I randomly caught an episode of Seinfeld that I had never seen before. Generally when I catch an episode it's one of 5 or 6 that I have seen, which is rather annoying.When Jerry, Elaine, George and Kramer all got on the subway, I couldn't stop watching. And was treated to a supremely funny episode about riding the subway in New York City.



The subway was always an experience, whether riding at 3 in the morning, or at rush hour, or during a rain storm, or in the humid awfulness that was summertime, or late at night after work. My favorite subway-riding memory is when a long-stalled train from Brooklyn to Manhattan after fireworks on the Fourth of July started moving again and we all clapped and someone yelled "Happy Birthday America!".

There was also the time I ran into a friend who recognized me by my awesome coat. And the time I dropped my iPod onto the tracks. Or the time I magically caught an express train very late at night on my one-year anniversary in the city. Or the time I almost got pickpocketed. Or the times when someone would give me their seat. Or when I rode the subway with a turkey. And these are why the subway is awesome.


0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com