Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Baseball at Shea Shadium

This blog has become a trip down memory lane lately. Topeka just really isn't that exciting.

Last night was the All-Star Game. I watched it with not a lot of interest; it was mainly background noise. However, the game was played at Citi-Field, home of the New York Mets. The Mets at Shea Stadium was my very first MLB game back in September of 2007.

I had been in New York just a week or two when my roommate Rosemary told me about a ward event of going to a Mets game at Shea Stadium. It was actually "Mormon Night at Shea Stadium", as the missionaries in the area were set to sing the national anthem. We rode the subway out to Shea Stadium and I remember feeling very cool riding the train to a sporting event.
See all those white shirts? Those are the missionaries. 

I don't remember much from the game because I ended up running into my friend Becca, who had recently arrived in Queens as a missionary! It was random and completely awesome. 

 

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com