Monday, July 15, 2013

City Perspective

As I was flying over the mountains into Salt Lake last week, I was so happy to be around mountains again. I have spent a lot of time missing the mountains and lamenting to a lot of people here in Kansas that I miss them. They're probably annoyed by this. I just stared out the window of my window-seat and smiled like a girl seeing her missionary after two years (I would imagine, I never had a missionary but my love for mountains is pretty deep).

Interrupting my happiness was the lady sitting in front of me. She was saying how flying into Utah is kind of sad because everything is brown and ugly, whereas in Kansas everything is green and beautiful.

Huh. It's all about perspective. And she was right--flying over Kansas and Missouri was pretty in all its green splendor.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com