Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy Birthday

Today my grandma would have been 100. I think my grandpa wanted her for himself on this momentous day. Her funeral was lovely, and even with the knowledge of life after death still a time for many tears and sadness. The most beautiful and heartfelt rendition of "I Know My Redeemer Lives" was sang by a former caregiver of hers. Beautiful prayers were offered by my uncles and cousin. Remembrances of her life were given by my aunt and dad. My cousin Phaedra spoke for all the grandkids and represented us well with her memories and a perfect poem. My cousin Joy sang a song that my grandma had requested her to sing and it was beautiful.

It was a beautiful sunny day at the cemetery, where all the grandsons acted as pallbearers and laid grandma down to rest next to her beloved husband.

We then had a celebration of my grandma's life. The great-grandkids all ran around and made it a joyous occasion. Then it was one last look at grandma and grandpa's house. I love that home with the l-shaped porch and all the memories I have there.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really loved seeing all of our cousins as pallbearers! All of those pictures make me tear up a little bit. I think Grandma would have loved that...

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com