Saturday, December 19, 2009

Peter Breinholt Concert

Tonight my mom and sister and I attended a Peter Breinholt Concert downtown at the Rose Wagner Theater. Just like last year, it was amazing. I love Peter Breinholt and everything about his sound. I love that he's not pretentious or showy or ego-driven; he makes music and I love it. I can't believe it's been a whole year since we went to his concert last year. Where did the year go?!














Like last year, Peter (yep, we're on a first-name basis) surrounded himself with some of the best local musicians--Ryan Shupe, David Tolk, Chris Minor, James Conley, some awesome strings people, and another mandolin/banjo player whose name I can't remember. I love how talented these guys are and the unique sound they create. One of the best moments was an arrangement of "Carol of the Bells," done to a four-part mandolin/banjo/guitar combination. Very cool.

















After the show, we waited around so I could meet Peter himself. I was SO nervous; my heart was pounding and I was shaking a little. I don't know why. I guess it's just the thrill of meeting someone you admire. He was so nice and friendly; I asked him to sign my ticket because I forgot to bring one of my cds, he asked Em and I where we came from (the people before me had driven all the way from Idaho), and when I asked to take his picture he happily obliged and even put his arm around me! Awesome, even if I did feel like a complete spaz.


The Rose Wagner is a pretty cool place. Not only do they show Sundance movies during the Festival, but their bathrooms are engergy saving,

and they have neat artwork on display.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Your face says it all! What a fun concert! And - that's a cool bathroom!

Anonymous said...

So now, of course, you will no longer be mocking me for my Kyle Korver obsession I presume!!! I feel EXACTLY the same way about him (just substitute basketball for music!) LOL

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com