Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Music

Music is a key part to getting myself ready for the holidays. If I'm baking, wrapping, writing cards, or just checking my e-mail, it's always on as background music. FM100 is perfect for this, as they start playing Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving and have their "100 Hours of Christmas Music" that started on Tuesday night. I don't normally ever listen to FM100 (unless I'm in my mom's or sister's car), but when it's Christmas I can make exceptions.

When I was a kid, my mom had tons of Christmas cassettes that we would pull out for the holidays and take on trips to Salt Lake and listen to at home. Because my mom is old(er), my musical tastes for Christmas music are steeped in Johnny Mathis, Neil Diamond, Nat King Cole, and The Carpenters. It's just not Christmas without them. I've added my own favorites over the years, such as Peter Breinholt, Garth Brooks (love his, "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"), Celine Dion (don't laugh; her Christmas album is pretty good. She has a voice that can do, "O Holy Night"), "The Forgotten Carols" (as long as Michael McClean isn't singing), and Sting singing, "I Saw Three Ships" (a new favorite).

Merry Christmas Eve!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

We have the same tastes! I love it!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com