Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Goodies

When I bake or cook, I have to wear an apron. I'm naturally a messy person who spills a lot so an apron is essential. As an early Christmas gift, my sister bought me a holiday apron that when she walked by it at Walmart she knew I'd love it. Sunday I made some Christmas goodies and of course wore my fabulous new apron.


I made chocolate covered pretzels and my famous sugar cookies; they're the only thing I make that gets good reviews across the board every time. I really enjoy making them. I also love sharing them with people.














Tonight I finished off my baking by trying a recipe for english toffee. I LOVE toffee, and thought the recipe was pretty simple, and if I could do it then I could make it a tradition. My friend Lindsay just decided to make peanut brittle one year, and now it's a staple of her holiday baking. Toffee, like peanut brittle, requires the use of a candy thermometer and getting the concoction to the just right soft-crack/hard-crack stage. Mine, unfortunately, was taken off the burner a bit prematurely, as my toffee isn't so much hard as a bit chewy. It's still good, but I was planning on sending it to some friends and family with the other goodies and I'm not sure how I feel about sending chewy toffee.

2 comments:

pambelina said...

I hope I get some goodies! They look delicious.

Lisa said...

Yum!! I would love a good sugar cookie recipe - can I get yours?

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com