Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mattie H. Gets Traded

Today the Utah Jazz traded Matt Harpring, or, as I've affectionately come to call him, Mattie H. At 33, he's considered a veteran and since having some injuries, hasn't played all season (although we have been able to catch him doing play-calling on FSN and sitting in with David James, Pace, and Thurl). A couple weeks ago the Jazz and Mattie H. announced that he'd be retiring at the end of the season and, obviously, wouldn't be playing because of the injuries. Even though I knew this, I still figured my beloved Mattie H. would be with the Jazz until his contract ended, where there'd be "Mattie H. Night" at the Arena and at half there would be some sort of presentation and the fans could say goodbye to a great player. With his trade to Oklahoma City this might never happen. I would love for his final season to be played as a Jazz man, but apparently forces bigger than me and my wishes have different plans.

So in case I never get to say goodbye to Mattie H. at the Arena, let me do it here. Thanks for your intensity and toughness on the court and being a crucial element to Jazz wins. You will be missed.

1 comments:

erica said...

Aww this is so sad! I really liked Harpring!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com