Sunday, November 8, 2009

Koat Drive

No, that is not a misspelling. There was a coat drive tonight at the Jazz game hosted by one Kyle Korver. I don't know if you've heard, but apparently he's pretty cute. All the girls in Utah have gone crazy over him, including my sister and cousin. They enjoy basketball anyway, but having Korver on the team makes them enjoy it that much more. My cousin Phaedra spends most of the game looking through her binoculars checking out KK's every move. They are avid fans and cannot understand why I'm not in the same boat with them. They were sure that when I saw him up close tonight, the reward for donating a coat for Korver's annual Coat Drive, I would immediately see that I had been crazy and join their obsession.

Last year, Phaedra said she nearly hyperventilated when she got up to the table. This year she was much better, but was visibly nervous as we stood in line. When her moment finally came, she handed him her matted picture to sign (which cost more for her to ship to get here in time than the photo itself cost), he said, "Sure, no problem," when she asked to take his picture, and then it was over. She handed her camera to me afterward to take a picture and her hands were shaking!

Emily and Phaedra with their signing pictures, and me with nothing (he had 4x6 photos there for those who aren't obsessed).














Well, I'm still not on the Korver train. Sorry ladies. It's not that I think he's ugly, he's handsome and nice and has a slight midwest accent, but he's just not my cup of tea. Perhaps if he could grow some facial hair, but until then, my only interest in him is when he's playing on the court and helping the Jazz win. And really, I'm just glad that some little girl will get to wear a super cute coat this winter because of the Korver Coat Drive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write about my obsession with KK's every move like it's a bad thing!!!

Just Julie said...

No! The tone is supposed to be light and funny!! I think it's fun!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com