Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sweatin' it Out

Happy Halloween!! It was a beautiful day. I did some grocery shopping and walking around Sugarhouse, and I loved seeing people dressed up for the holiday. I love that there is a day when it is perfectly acceptable for everyone to dress up as something, anything, and not be looked at strangely. You can show up to work dressed as Edward Scissorhands and no one bats an eye. You can wear a cat tail and paint your face and people smile at you. It's just so great that we have this day out of the year where it's okay to not be in your normal clothes.

I unfortunately didn't get to see Ivy, Elliett and Moses in their costumes due to a lack of proper communication. Mo was Indiana Jones and I'm super sad I didn't get to see him with a fedora and whip. I also didn't get to bestow candy on any trick-or-treaters, since I was planning on being out with the kids and didn't buy anything. I had to turn off the lights and ignore the door knocks because I didn't have any candy to give out!

To cap off the night and end the holiday in style (and to start early on the celebratin' for Cat's birthday tomorrow) we went to a Stomp at the Institute. I can sum it up in three words: hot sweaty fun. There were tons of people and they were all sweaty. You could actually see the sweat glistening off of people. Guys would run into my arm in the craziness and leave a wet mark! Gross! But no one seemed to care, because we were all sweaty. And having tons of fun dancing the night away.

We retired our Ghostbuster costumes and went as a witch and fairy who is a BYU supporter.

The stomp was right after the Utah Blackout game, and when I donned the shirt prior to going it looked like Utah was going to lose and I would wear my shirt with pride. Well, they won. A few people asked if my shirt was a costume, and one guy even came up to me and said he liked my shirt and was glad to know there was at least one other fan amont those crazy Utah people. I've decided wearing a Y shirt in U territory is a great way to meet guys and weed out the ones who are non-dateable based on school affiliation. (This is said a bit facetiously, as I wouldn't discount a guy entirely by him being a U fan; many mixed marriages work.)

I've become quite inhibition-less on the dance floor in the recent years. I love to just get out there and move, even if I have no moves and no rhythm. I've come a long way from my high school dance days, and am even wondering when next it'll be that I can get on a dance floor.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com