Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Concerto and a Symphony

For a couple weeks I had been hearing commercials on the radio for the Brahms Piano Concerto at Abravanal Hall. My cousin Phaedra, who has season tickets to the Utah Symphony, came through as she always does with a ticket for me. The show was amazing! I don't know a lot about classical music, I don't know the difference between a concerto and a symphony, I don't know what a Maestoso or Adagio or Rondo is; I have no idea what's going on most of the time. But I do know the way the music makes me feel and the grand power of it all; I know that I can be deeply moved by the sound of a violin, a triangle, a piano, a cello, and the entire orchestra working together to create something beautiful. I have a secret dream of being a great musician and playing violin with an orchestra in a grand hall. Unfortunately, my musical talents were thrown by the wayside when I stopped taking piano in junior high school. So for now I'll just have to be content with experiencing the talents of others.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com