Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Winter is Here

It snowed today. A lot. I looked out the windows while at work and just saw little fluffs of white falling most of the day. It's so lovely to see the mountains and trees blanketed in a fresh layer of white snow. There's something idyllic and magical about it. It could also be that I've been ready for Christmas since about July, when I had this strange hankering and excitement for it, and with the snow here it makes it seem like it's closer than the two months it really is. So I'll enjoy this snowfall for now, until, as always happens, it wears off and I'm just ready for it to be gone. But, oh how I love to bundle up in gloves and scarves and hats!

Today was special, though, not just for the snow but also because it happened to be the birthday for my best friend, Lindsay, and my sister, Emily. Two years ago it was my sister's Golden Birthday. I was in New York, but surprised her and everyone else when I flew in for the weekend. It was pretty much awesome. This year it's Lindsay's Golden Birthday, and I wasn't quite on the ball with this one. If I had a car I would've driven up there to surprise her, but alas, a phone call was all I could give (well, and a gift card to Amazon to fill up her Kindle). Happy Birthday Lindsay-loo and Em!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com