Saturday, October 24, 2009

Lovin' My New Home


This is where I live now. It's right in the heart of Sugarhouse, and close to everything a girl could want. It's super close to work and entertainment and shopping. The other night after work, during that magic hour, I went to Barnes and Noble and Whole Foods and felt like everything was right. I then caught the bus for a short ride home. And I missed New York a little more, because it was so similar, and a little less, because I now felt less at the mercy of others to get me places and in charge again.

Before I decided to make the big move to New York two years ago, I was considering moving to Sugarhouse. It seemed to be a neighborhood that fit my sensibilities more than my then-current area, West Valley. Since coming back from New York, I find that it fits my sensibilities even more. The only things that might make it a little bit better is the dollar theater, of which New York has zero. It's walkable, quaint and old, filled with local restaurants and shops, and close to the beautiful mountains that New York's got nothing on.

Homeless no more.

1 comments:

HeRoosSheRoos said...

That looks so much like the house I lived in...in Sugarhouse. I absolutely LOVED living there. The Sugarhouse park is awesome. It's a great place for single people (I was there for 7 years). We'll have to talk sometime to see how close I lived to where you are now.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com