Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Post for Phaedra

I was slightly chastised by my cousin for not blogging enough lately; normally my blog is on the top of her reading list but lately it has been falling in recentness. To slightly help explain, let me just say that after moving into my recent housing settlement I immediately felt like it wasn't right and tried my hardest to do things after work to avoid having to go home until absolutely possible. But that doesn't mean I didn't have things I wanted to blog about; I started a couple posts but abandoned them when I felt like my writing skills were slightly on the fritz.

Some of the things I was going to write about: time management, the first Jazz pre-season game, attending the blessing of my cousin's new baby girl, family dynamics (check out my new blog dedicated to The Perkes Girls), the irony of me getting a job at Myriad Genetics when in high school I wanted to be a geneticist before taking a film class my first semester at Snow College, the dating coach that spoke at my Singles Ward FHE and my own quest to be proactive in dating (check out my other blog project, The Cat and Julie Project), getting to 3 Nephi 22 again in my reading and remembering how comforting it was three years ago when I read it in the Conference Center waiting for conference to start, identifying with the lyrics of Yellowcard's Back Home while riding TRAX, and my newest obsession (and waste of time), Farmville.

Since I don't like blogging about things that are long past, let me start my blogging re-energization(that might not be a word; Firefox doesn't recognize it, so hopefully Phaedra won't be upset if it's spelled wrong) by telling you, oh faithful readers, about my attempt later today to make Pumpkin Lasagna for my family. I saw the recipe on MSN and thought it would be a great way to celebrate the fall season. I bought all the ingredients yesterday, including my first-ever purchase of chard, and will be starting to make it shortly. Updates, and pictures, to follow...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com