Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Last Day on Set


Sunday was my last day on set. We're actually shooting for three more days, but the mixture of not enough money in the budget and not needing four PAs on the stage in Salt Lake got Michelle and I off the show early. I really wasn't too upset about it, because near the end I was really quite done with it. I weathered a lot on this shoot, mostly all the actual weather. It was hard to believe that our second day of filming, up in Park City at an elementary school, it was -3 degrees when our 28th day of shooting it was so hot (when it's been winter and cold for a long time, 60 degrees feels very hot) I got sunburned. The glare off the snow and the heat from the sun was too much to handle.

I don't miss the early morning calls and the dealing with kids and stage parents, but I do miss the people I worked with. While I felt pretty comfortable with my fellow PAs and ADs, it takes me awhile to warm up and get comfortable with other people. I unfortunately didn't really start talking with some people on set til I only had two days left! And my last day was hectic at the end that I didn't even get to have proper goodbyes with most people!

So while I enjoy my time off, and while I wait for pictures of my day as an extra as a nurse, I give you the few pictures I took on set. I wanted to take more, but most of the time it was a hassle to carry my camera around and take pictures...so this is all you get...




Goodbye Snowmen. I'm still not sure what I was supposed to get out of this, if I was just supposed to have the experience, if I was supposed to meet someone--be it a friend, contact, or someone else, if maybe I needed the opportunity to be back with family, whatever the reason for why I felt I needed to leave New York again, I'm glad I did it.

Michelle and I.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com