Monday, March 2, 2009

Escape to New York

I've been pretty neglectful of my blog lately. Since coming back to Salt Lake and working I don't feel like I have anything exciting to write about anymore. Living in New York was like living in a living, breathing, amazing museum everyday. Even if the day was only spent going to work, I still got to spend my day in this crazy city that was our nations first capitol, home to Central Park and Martin Scorsese, home of Rockefeller Center and Gray's Papaya, the place where you can be all alone in a city of millions.

Which is why it was such an escape for me. It had been a pretty crazy, awful year before I moved. Even though I had graduated college and spent time in Europe, it was still a year marred by personal heartbreak. All I wanted to do was get away, go to a place where no one knew me and where nothing was familiar or had memories attached to it. So when I had the opportunity to move to New York, it seemed as though everything had worked out for it to happen (I'm one of those people who believes in signs and things happening for a reason). I just knew it was right. And I wouldn't give up my time in New York for anything. The escape was just what I needed.

But perhaps it's time to move on. I don't really know. I just know that it's an adjustment to be around people again, to see my sister everyday, to drive a car. Maybe that time of my life where I need to escape and be alone is done. I know that I'd like to see my nieces more, to hopefully be a good example to them. But maybe I'm also just on the precipice of starting a gypsy life, where I move from place to place. My things are already in storage....

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com