Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I love that there's a day in the year where everyone is supposed to wear green. I think it's so cool to go out on St. Patrick's Day and notice all the people wearing green. It's as if were all part of some secret club that got the message to wear green. And when you see someone not wearing green, you look at them with a sad look--perhaps they forgot, or worse, just didn't care!


 Last year I was in New York for St. Patrick's and Rosemary and I went to the parade down Fifth Avenue. It's a massive parade full of police officers and servicemen, and one of our friends was playing his tuba with his national guard unit. It was all very cool, figuratively and literally; it was extremely cold that day and I did not come prepared for it. I was thinking about that today and how that was a whole year ago and I was in New York then. Man I miss it sometimes.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com