Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hodgepodge

A few of the random things I'm thinking about:

--I really need to start organizing my photos and saving them to cds.

--I haven't read in awhile. This is because I no longer have my subway-reading-time. That's where all my reading got done previously, including My Antonia, To Kill a Mockingbird, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, John Adams, and Pope Joan. Now I listen to music as I drive the roads.

--it's snowy and cold in New York but today in Salt Lake it's in the 60's. Woohoo for missing the real winter in New York.

--I don't normally watch The Bachelor and feel any sort of sympathy or kinship with the women involved; they're usually spouting such awful things as, "He's so amazing. I really am falling in love with you, " and such nonsense after knowing the guy for twelve seconds. But last night was different. To be dumped on national television is awful (but then again, they did agree to "fall in love" on national television) but I thought it was really funny when the host said he would leave the room so the two could be alone to say how they really felt, even though all the cameras were still there and ready to broadcast their special moments to the entire nation. Melissa said something that gave me shivers: "You put a ring on my finger and made a promise but now you don't want to fight for us." Wow. Instead of watching it to get a good laugh I got a sucker punch to the gut.

--Jimmy Fallon debuted his new talk show last night. I love Jimmy Fallon, but the show was a little flat. He seemed really nervous, and Robert De Niro looked completely bored and uninterested in being there. Justin Timberlake was funny though (did I really just type that?). Hopefully Jimmy finds his groove and gets funnier.

--I think The Fray is going on tour. I need to check if they're coming anywhere near here...

--Speaking of music, I just bought Ray Lamontagne's new cd. This song rocks. But Hannah is my all-time favorite.

--I went to see my Grandma today. She's 96 and incredible. She was able to live by herself in her very own house on Main Street in Moroni until just a little while ago. She know lives in an assisted living place in Bountiful. Sometimes I get tired when I visit her--her room is always really hot and I hear the same stories about five times--but it's worth it when she tells me about my grandpa. He's been gone for almost fifteen years and she told me that she hopes he still wants her now that she's old and wrinkly!

--My grandma waited a good hour to ask if I had a boyfriend, and didn't sound too disappointed when I said no.

--I'd like to marry Jimmy John, and hopefully get free BLTs for life. Would grandma approve?

--I'm going to be MIA for a few days--heading up to Ogden to shoot on a reservoir. But with this warm weather recently, the reservoir might be more of a slushy mess. That'll be fun.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com