Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Things I Want

Tonight I bought myself a new camera. Mine was over three years old and really starting to look like a dinosaur, akin to the "brick" cell phones made famous by Zack Morris. And since I got a nice big raise with becoming a permanent employee, I decided to treat myself. And then I became super materialistic and imagined all the things I'd like to buy:
--a new laptop; this might actually be a necessity like the camera since mine is falling apart and is super slow. Good thing my work offers discounts at Dell
--a flat screen tv
--a new ipod, since mine is super old and is only 1GB
--new glasses
--super expensive shampoo and conditioner that makes my hair feel oh-so-soft
--plane tickets to Prague
--new running shoes and clothes
--a really good massage
--new dresses for spring and summer
--all seasons of LOST

Some of these things are definitely needs while others are most assuredly wants. I can wait and control myself, because I also want to be able to pay tuition and save for grad school. But sometimes, buying is just so fun...

3 comments:

pambelina said...

I keep a list of things I want to buy when we have money. It's getting long...

Also, we need to play soon. You and Cat and I haven't all hung out together in ages!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

I'm so in the mood to shop too! It must be spring fever. It's funny to look back in my journal because on occasion I'll write down Wish Lists. Some things are materialistic and other things are wishes I have that are on a deeper level. I usually forget about the list and then when I see it again, there are lots of things to be checked off. I think wishing is great, especially when they come true.

Anonymous said...

Digging the new blog template! Where did you get your camera- I think I need one too!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com