Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Road Trip End

I want to give a big shout-out to all the people who let Emily and I stay with them while we were making our way across the country. We were on the road for five nights, six days and only had to stay at a hotel for two of the nights. My cousin Scott and his family were so kind to let us stay with them in Virginia; old friends Tom and Terry Blindt let us stay with them in Topeka, Kansas; and my cute cousin Rachel let us stay with her and her little family in Denver. I am so appreciative of and thankful for family and friends, something I've always thought but had reinforced ten times over while on this trip.

I'm hoping to get some pictures posted up tomorrow about the last couple days of our trip. I unfortunately stopped taking a lot of pictures after leaving Memphis, as I no longer felt like a tourist, so there aren't any of the great family and friends that we stayed with. But I will give you a rundown of what went down.

We made it back safe and sound yesterday exactly 10 hours after we left Colorado. Sorry nobody got a call that we had made it, but that's just my style. It was nice coming through the mountains as the sun was setting and the mountains and city were basking in the "magic hour" light. I just soaked it all in and felt like I was where I was supposed to be.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com