Sunday, May 17, 2009

Late Night Trifecta

Yesterday, with my sitting in the audience for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, I completed the Late Night Trifecta. That's right, I've sat in Jay Leno's audience (twice), been there for Conan, and now have completed it with Jimmy.

The first time I saw Jay I was in LA with my best friend Lindsay. We had just decided to not move there and got last-minute tickets for Jay. And when we got shown into the studio, we were told that there two available seats in the front section--the section that gets to run up to the stage and shake Jay's hand when he comes out! I remember Dolly Parton was a guest, and that Forrest Whitaker showed up at the end to tape some scenes of Jay for his movie First Daughter. Lindsay and I thought we were so cool.

Second time was was with my sister. I had gotten her tickets to the Rascal Flatts concert in LA for her birthday and we made a little road trip out of it. We had tickets for Jay the day we were driving there and were in a rush against time and traffic to get there by 3:30. It's a good thing I had been there once before and sort of knew my way around and how to get there, and we luckily made it there, with a little bit of running after parking the car, in the nick of time. We were let in after being last in line, and for some reason we were sat apart, even though we told them we were together. The guest as Elijah Wood, who I had quite the crush on at the time with his Frodo cuteness. Afterwards we went to the Hard Rock Cafe.

Read about my time with Conan here.

And now we come to Jimmy. All week I knew I wanted to go to his Friday show because the musical guest was Yusuf, better known as Cat Stevens. I really enjoy his music and remember my dad (or was it my mom?) had a cassette tape of his that we'd listen to while taking long trips for business. I was already planning on going early in the morning to stand in line to make sure I'd get in. But I was randomly checking out the Jimmy Fallon website when I saw you could put your name in for Band Bench tickets, and they were still accepting them for the show with Yusuf. I quickly filled out the form, and Thursday morning I got a call saying I had been chosen! I very enthusiastically said I would accept. What are Band Bench Ticktes, you ask? During the show we sit in the audience, on these wooden benched that fold down. Right before the musical guest comes out we get to leave the seats, they fold down so it doesn't look like there are empty seats on tv, and we walk down to the stage! We surround the artist on stage on these risers and platforms while they perform. Stef and I were right behind Yusuf as he sang two songs. Here's the video so you can see us; we're on the second row straight behind him, I'm wearing a black shirt with a little bit of white.

1 comments:

Lady Holiday said...

Wow! that's awesome. I have always loved Cat Stevens, especially the song "Father and Son" that he sang. So cool!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com