Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Desk Indeed

I'm currently sitting at the library, the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts. I don't have a desk, so instead I do all my computer work on my bed. This is not ideal. The bed is for sleeping, not working, and henceforth I usually tend to not get anything done when I'm at home. Too many distractions while sitting on that bed. And so, since it would be silly to buy a desk at this not-sure-where-I'm-going-but-probably-moving-somewhere stage of my life, I have made a trip to the library to rid myself of distractions. And to get outside in the city and experience the rain-free and warm weather.

Now I can actually sit at a chair while typing. I can have my back straight instead of hunched over. And while there are some distractions (I'm a people-watcher), it's still better than my bed. And it's such a beautiful building and area--one of my favorites of the city--nestled in with the Met, Juilliard and the Manhattan Temple right across the street, that I couldn't ask for anything better. Well, perhaps for the construction noise outside to go away....

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com