Thursday, May 21, 2009

Music City

Our second day on the road has brought us to Nashville, Tennessee, otherwise known as Music City. Our first stop was to the Hard Rock Cafe, because we were hungry and because it's become a tradition to go (Em and I were counting how many we've been to; me 9, her 7). I told our waiter all I wanted was water. He assumed I had been drinking the night before and was trying to go easy. Nope, I said, it's just really hot outside and I'm dying of thirst. This is what he brought me. Everyone thought it was funny.


Then it was a walk down Broadway to check out the honky-tonks. You can walk by and hear live music coming out of every bar. It's very cool. Plus there's the many street musicians looking for your spare change. I can definitely see why it's called Music City.




I'm very impressed with Nashville. Everyone has been very nice, it's a very clean city, it's easily navigable, and just has a good vibe to it. Perhaps I'll stay, seeing as how Elvis has taught me all his moves.


Tomorrow is more road, the Country Music Hall of Fame, and perhaps Graceland. Stay tuned.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com