Friday, May 8, 2009

Fruit From the Street

One of the great things about New York is that you can buy pretty much anything right off the street--pretzels, water, jewelry, shoes, books, art, clothing, umbrellas, handbags, scarves, sunglasses, newspapers, kebabs, bagels, coffee, sheets, toys, flowers. But the best is fruit. It's always much cheaper than what you'd buy at a store. Strawberries 2 (and sometimes 3) for $5. Avocados for a dollar. But the best deal is bananas--5 for $1. It just so happened that I had a dollar in my pocket today as I passed by one...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one of the things I love about Europe!! In any big city there is always an outdoor market on the street in the morning and I absolutely loved buying fruit. Last summer when I was in Berlin I bought a bag of cherries every day!!! I even learned the German for cherries- kirsch!!!I wish I lived in big city sometimes!!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com