Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

I know it's a little late, but that's better than never, right? Maybe not, but here's my first post of the New Year. My dad used to say that a goal not written down is just a dream; to make it an actual goal it needs to be written down. Well, I haven't written any of mine down, which means my mental New Year's resolution list of being better with my time management, making goeals and lists for myself, and being better motivated have already been broken. Probably because I didn't write them down! Well, consider this writing them down. And now that they are down on "paper" I better get crackin'.

With the new year there always comes reflection. Well, sometimes. I find I'm usually always reflecting, but then never acting on what I've learned or gained from the reflecting. This past year, 2008, was spent entirely in New York (minus the last two weeks that I was in Salt Lake) and it was quite fun. My sister came out to visit, I quit a job, worked with Tribeca and Sundance Film Festivals, melted in the summer heat, road the Amtrak to Greensburg, PA, my mom came out to visit, my roommate got married. I hope to also reflect on the ups and downs I've had, and that I can finally feel at peace with past events and people. I hope to be able to trust myself more and trust others, too. So Happy New Year to you and I hope that you too can achieve your resolutions.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com