Monday, January 5, 2009

Ticket! Ticket! Get your ticket!

This past weekend wasn't nearly as crazy as I was expecting it to be. Sundance offers tickets to locals before they go on sale to the public, as a way of compensating them for taking over their cities for two weeks. Everything is very orderly; people had to pre-register online to get an assigned time-slot and day to purchase their tickets. Half hour increments were allotted, and Sommer and I controlled the lines. We had a master list, alphabetized for each time slot, and would check everybody for their confirmation e-mail and Utah ID. We felt a little like bouncers when we got to tell some people they couldn't be admitted because they weren't on the list. A few people had their day confused, and some missed their time slot by just mere minutes (one man complained to me that because he was "120 seconds late he couldn't purchase his tickets"!), and had to be turned away.

The news was even there:

Video Courtesy of KSL.com



You can see me near the end, when they show the line. I'm wearing a blue sweater standing at the front of the line. It was a long couple of days (I got there at 7 AM and didn't leave til 8:30 at night) but it was a good time. Sommer and I had fun laughing and being crazy because we were so tired. Even lots of the locals were fun and interesting to talk to. It sure brings out a wide cross-section of people. And now I gear up for more Locals ticket sales this weekend and then for the Festival. Maybe I should start catching up on sleep now....

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com