Friday, January 2, 2009

I Have Confidence

Saturday is going to be the start of a crazy bunch of days. If I can make it through Locals Only Ticket sales this weekend, which is our busiest time at Sundance, then the rest of it will be a breeze. So to get myself ready for it, I present you with my inspiration, Maria Von Trapp.

I watched The Sound of Music this week and I always love experiencing something as an adult that I cherished as a kid. Whenever we'd visit my grandma when I was young, my sister and I would immediately put The Sound of Music in the VCR and proceed to watch both tapes. It's a pleasant memory that, when watched now, seems even sweeter. I pick up on more things as an adult, such as the movie taking place during WWII and involving Nazis. I notice much more the total scrumptiousness and complete charm of the Captain, something completely lost on me when I was more infatuated with Rolfe and Friedrich as a kid.

So I look to this weekend with confidence in sunshine, in rain and that spring will come again. If I feel like I'm sixteen going on seventeen, I'll just think of raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens and white copper kettles if I get scared. Somehow I'll make it through, and even though there's probably no Captain waiting for me in a gazebo at the end of the festival, I can at least climb my own mountain.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com