Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Look Back on The Bachelor/Bachelorette

The other night I got into a conversation with some friends about The Bachelor/Bachelorette, and apparently I know more about it than I thought. I go through spurts of watching the show religiously (I used to love to read EW's recap the next day along with all the comments) and of not watching at all. I'm sadly currently in a non-watching period. 

Tonight, though, I am watching The Bachelor at 20: A Celebration of Love, which is obviously airing on Valentine's Day. Because, you know, when you think of love you think of a reality television show. I won't be entirely cynical, because weddings and babies have come out of the show occasionally.

But really, watching can be fun and can sometimes lead to real emotions. I chose to blog about it occasionally. (Each link is a blog I wrote abut that season.)

--Jason and Molly (and Melissa) had a gut-wrenching ending full of lots of emotions (and the classic Mesnick-crying-over-the-balcony).
--The start of Jillian's season (she was in the final three of Jason's season). This season had me straining for believability when Jillian just happens to choose the guy that had to leave in the middle of the show (but was magically able to come back at just the right time....).
--Brad Womack's second go at being The Bachelor, when I ranted about him getting so much flak for not choosing either girl the first time. Apparently it's better to lie and fake a proposal.
--Ben Flajnik was pretty loved when he was a contestant on Ashley's season, especially when he was rather unceremoniously dumped after getting on one knee. He was a super lame Bachelor, though, and chose the toxic model.
--Desiree found love after a truly crushing break-up. That was tough to watch.

I watched a bit of Juan Pablo's season (worst Bachelor ever) and most of Chris Soules' (he made the wrong decision); Desiree was the last Bachelorette I watched. I skipped out on seasons 5-12 of The Bachelor, mainly because 2005-2008 was a busy, crazy, strange time in my life. Those are also some pretty crappy seasons (the Prince one, the doctor one, the famous actor one, the football player one). Maybe I'll star watching this current season....

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com