Thursday, July 9, 2015

A Box of Memories

I've been at my new job for almost six months now. Today I realized it was high time I decorated it. Like put pictures on the walls and all that. I have some pictures already sitting on top of the credenza (is that what it's called?), and I have a large map of the bike network staring down at me. But my bookshelf is mocking me with five measly books on it.

So tonight I pulled out some boxes from under my bed (because I was looking for knick-knacks that I used to buy a lot...so they could clutter up my office instead of my home). I boxed up everything I own six months ago; most of it was unpacked. But these boxes have just been sitting under my bed, so clearly they weren't all that important. I opened one and was surprised that it was filled with photos.

Everyone takes photos now, because we all have smartphones with cameras. But that wasn't always the case. I was the random person who took their camera to everything and snapped photos. Then I got a digital camera, and instead of printing out rolls I'd download the photos to my computer. Cameras and photos have always been important to me, so I literally have boxes of photos in those envelopes you'd get when you developed your film.

I also came across a box that was used to deliver my undergraduate Graduation Announcements. Yes, it contained some announcements and envolopes and address stickers. I graduated with my Bachelors in 2007. The box also contained cards sent to me from people I love, mostly from the time frame when I lived in NYC. It was a nice little stroll down memory lane. I literally keep every card that is sent to me. I need to figure out what to do with them....

I also found an old Peter Brienholt cd. I am listening to it right now, and I feel like it is 2008. I am even sitting on my bed while I type this, just like I used to do when I lived in NYC and in Sugarhouse. I'm a sentimental fool.

I used to blog a lot. It was a good way to get my thoughts out into the universe, and to keep family and friends up to date on what was going on in my life. With the increase of social media to stay in touch, blogs have kind of gone by the wayside. I miss blogging, though. For me it has been a good way to sort out my thoughts, instead of just posting a photo on Instagram. I feel like my writing skills have severely been affected by blogging less.

No one likely reads this anymore (except for my awesome cousin Phaedra, because she also still blogs), but I'm going to keep posting!

1 comments:

Andrew and Gina said...

I still read it!! Yes, keep blogging

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com