Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Post-Vacation Transition

I am back in Denton after being in Utah and Idaho for the past week. I will blog about that trip soon. Right now I am tired and steeling myself for returning to work in the morning.

It's always a weird transition back into regular life after being on vacation. My days the past week consisted of coordinating who I was going to meet up with, where I was going to eat, and how late I could sleep in. I didn't check my work email at all. I just enjoyed being back home.

Now I have to think about grocery shopping, and unpacking, and going back to work. I'm alone (except for Biscuit, of course). It's just a bit jarring for me when I have to make the transition.

Also a tough transition: the heat and humidity here in Texas. No, it's not like it's a brand new thing, but I "adapt" rather quickly to the dry heat of Salt Lake. It actually cools down at night. I can be outside at 8 am and not be covered in moisture. I don't have to worry about my hair going flat. I had to use a lot more lotion and my nose was super dry. But it was worth it.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com