Friday, March 1, 2013

My New Home

My new home is pretty awesome. When I walked in it the first time I couldn't believe all the space. It's a loft, so it's very open and large. Thankfully, though, my bedroom is separate with a door (so is the bathroom). The hardwood floors are original from when it was used as a warehouse. There are huge, east-facing windows that bring in tons of light; I hardly ever need to turn lights on except when it's past 6. The ceilings are very high, higher than in New York. The kitchen is at least twice as big as my old one, with newer appliances and so much cabinet space that some of them are empty.



However, since my previous home was much smaller I bought small furniture, which now looks kind of silly in such a large space. It doesn't look crowded, though, which I fear my old home did.

I think what I miss most about my old home was the stand-alone bathtub. It was really great for taking baths because it was so big. I now have just a regular old bathtub set in the wall. It is much smaller and taking a bath in it was not nearly as relaxing.

1 comments:

Jenel said...

Looks like a great place!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com