Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Utah Premiere

Two years ago I worked on a movie. It was called Snowmen. That movie finally had its Utah premiere today at the Broadway theater downtown as part of the Tumbleweed Film Festival. Anyone who remembers reading my blog when I was making the movie, it wasn't always a great experience. It was cold and the days were long and it really reminded me why I didn't want to work in film for the rest of my life. It was the job that was the catalyst in my leaving New York. So yeah, it was sort of a pivotal moment in my life.

As I sat in the dark movie theater, watching memories on the big screen, I was rather impressed with how it all turned out. It looked great and had a great message for kids. All I ever saw were little snippets as we filmed (in non-chronological order), as I was usually either away from the action or working with the extras. But seeing it all come together on screen, it was quite amazing.

Also amazing--seeing my super short, out of focus, wouldn't-know-it-was-me-unless-I-pointed-it-out-to-you (which I did to my sister) stint as an extra. That was cool. Almost as cool as seeing my name in the credits! And in the cast/crew photos during the credits. Yep, pretty neat.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com