Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter and Birtday

Today is Easter. It's also my birthday. There's nothing worse than a Sunday birthday, except having a holiday Sunday birthday. I asked my mom if my birthday had ever fallen on Easter before. Nope. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Yes, I was a little sad I had to share my birthday. But then I went to church, and the sacrament meeting was so wonderful and inspiring that I got over it. The reason for Easter--the resurrection of the Christ--is quite amazing and one of the most important aspects of my beliefs. We had a violin-flute-piano performance, piano solo, and the ward choir. When we closed out the meeting with I Believe in Christ, I sang my heart out (and I believe I was even on key!) It was nothing short of inspiring.

I then had Easter dinner with my fam, followed by an ice cream cake and presents. It really was a great day. So I guess there are worse things than sharing a birthday with Easter.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Easter Birthday! :) My hubby's birthday is July 5, as is my sister in law's. For the longest time they thought all the partying on the 4th was for their birthday. :) Hope you got everything you wanted!

Andrew and Gina said...

happy birthday! mine is Oct 5th and it is almost always on General Conference. i've just always been used to it.

my baby's is jan 1st. she's gonna think the whole world is celebrating her bday

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com