Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

I don't know if you heard, but there was a wedding this morning. Ya know, just a simple marriage between a Prince and a commoner. We see this all the time, ho-hum, nothing to see here.

Yeah right! I've been looking forward to this since William and Kate announced their engagement in November. I was ecstatic that it was so close to my birthday (April is a good month because my friend Pam had her baby yesterday, too!). I even asked for the day off from work so I could watch (well that and catch up on all my homework that I didn't do last weekend).

I awoke at the early hour of 3:30 to watch Kate get in her Rolls Royce and be driven to Westminster Abbey. She was stunning! The ceremony itself was beautiful, with marvelous and inspiring words given to the couple. They emerged from the abbey to the sound of ringing bells, and it was not unlike a Disney fairy-tale, except that it's real!

As they appeared on the balcony of Buckingham Palace, everyone waiting for the traditional kiss, one of the commentators had a rare moment of real insight. He mentioned that we're all waiting for this one little kiss, but, in the sermon given after their wedding, it was said that a marriage is about every day loving someone and living your life together in the normal everyday moments.

It was everything a wedding should be. Made better with all those hats!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com