Thursday, March 30, 2017

State of Denton

Today the City hosted its first-ever State of the City event. It was held at the Civic Center with all departments having a table to showcase what they do. Having done a lot of events, this really wasn't a big deal to me. I gathered up all my regular event items - tablecloth, safety tips, bike lights, bike pins - and didn't get too concerned about it.

During the event, a video was shown that highlighted the five areas of the strategic plan. Between interviews with staff and council were snippets of people proclaiming why they loved Denton. My favorite: I love Denton because it's home."

I spent the evening chatting with co-workers and citizens. Afterward a co-worker invited several of us over to his home to have an after party, if you will. We chatted and laughed and I kept thinking about that man who said, "I love Denton because it's home."

I don't know how I ended up in Denton, with amazing friends and co-workers and people in my life, but I'm sure glad I did. I love Denton because it's home.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com