Thursday, March 30, 2017

Fire Ants

I wouldn't wish fire ant bites on my worst enemy. But if I needed to torture someone, I would pour fire ants over their body and let those ants go to town.

Yesterday I went out to Eagle Drive to remove the bike counters. I wanted to get this done before it started raining, since I had come out the previous day to do it but had forgotten the attachment to my screw. I didn't bother to change out of my ballet flats since I thought it would be a quick job.

And it was. Didn't take long at all. However, one of the bike counters was sitting in the grassy parkstrip between the sidewalk and the curb. When I picked the counter up a flurry of fire ants moved from under it. And when I opened the counter, it was covered in wet dirt and fire ants.

These ants were then crawling all over the tops of my bare feet. I couldn't stop them. At least not before they bit the crap out of my feet. A fire ant bite starts itching immediately. And it never goes away. The next day they turned into whitehead-pimple-looking things that continued to itch like crazy.

I'm not sure I'll make it through the day with these bites.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com